In the rapidly evolving landscape of HR technology, finding the right human capital management (HCM) solution is no small feat. With a multitude of options available, it’s crucial to choose a HR software solution that meets your organisations unique needs and provides a seamless and efficient experience for both HR professionals and employees. Enter Ceridian Dayforce HCM – a comprehensive and powerful HCM solution that has garnered attention from companies of all sizes and is also a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader in HCM.
If you’re looking for a leader in human capital management that will make your day-to-day processes and your life easier, then you might be onto something. Is Ceridian Dayforce the software that will solve all your HR woes? Well, it might just be. But Let’s discuss all the good (and some not-so-good) features and capabilities of this HCM powerhouse.Chat with an expert Chat with an expert
What Is Ceridian Dayforce HCM?
Ceridian is an all-in-one cloud-based HCM platform that streamlines and automates various HR operations, ranging from payroll processes and time management to talent acquisition and workforce planning.
Designed to simplify the complexities of managing a diverse workforce, this software provides a user-friendly interface combined with robust functionality, making it a top choice for organisations looking to optimise their HR processes. All that and more in a single platform!
Before we dive into the key features, here’s a list of all the Ceridian Dayforce HCM capabilities:
- Workforce Management
- Benefits Management
- Succession Planning
- Human Resources
- Document Management
One of the standout features of Ceridian Dayforce HCM is its unified database, which manages and hosts all employee data in real time, eliminating the need for tedious manual data entry across multiple systems.
This integration not only saves valuable time but also ensures data accuracy and consistency throughout the employee lifecycle. With a centralised employee record, HR professionals can effortlessly manage employee profiles, track performance, and access critical information, enabling them to make data-driven decisions easily.
If the calculation of payroll is your stumbling block and calculating accurate payroll gives you a headache, you’ll be pleased to hear that Dayforce’s robust payroll management capabilities are another notable feature.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM automates complex payroll calculations, tax compliance, and wage garnishment calculations, reducing the risk of errors and ensuring timely and accurate payments. Let’s face it, managing international payroll can be especially taxing. The software caters to the unique payroll requirements of different countries, making it an ideal choice for multinational organisations, which removes the need for separate integrations to local payroll solutions.
The Dayforce Wallet
On top of the payroll management functionalities provided by Ceridian Dayforce HCM, it has another bonus feature – the Dayforce Wallet. The Dayforce Wallet enables employees to access their pay early via a mobile app and transfer it to their Dayfroce Prepaid Master card.
With the Dayforce Wallet, employees do not need to wait the typical 2-3 business days for their paycheck to be processed and put into their bank account. They can see their net pay by accessing the app, transfer the money through the app to their card, and use the card to make payments or withdraw cash.
And there are no associated fees with creating a Dayforce Wallet account or adding funds to the card. The Dayforce Wallet is a simple and safe way for employees to have access to their earnings a few days in advance.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM includes powerful talent management features that enable organisations to attract, develop, and retain top talent. From recruitment and onboarding to performance management and succession planning, Dayforce HCM offers a holistic approach to talent management.
The software helps identify skill gaps, create development plans, and track employee performance, ultimately fostering a high-performance culture within the organisation.
- The recruitment module streamlines the hiring process, from creating job postings and applicant tracking to conducting interviews and extending job offers.
- Onboarding new hires is simplified through automated workflows and personalised onboarding plans, ensuring a smooth transition for employees.
- The performance management module allows for goal setting, continuous feedback, and performance reviews, facilitating a culture of growth and development.
- The learning management module enables organizations to deliver personalized training programs, track employee progress, and ensure compliance with industry regulations.
All in all, it’s safe to say that this feature is a true time-saver.
All-In-One vs. Best-In-Class HR Systems
Download your free guide to learn whether your organization would profit more from an all-in-one or best-in-class HR system.
"*" indicates required fields
Dayforce HCM provides comprehensive tools for all the different aspects of workforce management. It offers advanced scheduling capabilities, allowing you to create optimised employee schedules based on demand, availability, and skills. The software also enables employees to manage their own schedules, facilitating better work-life balance and empowering them with self-service options.
Analytics and Reporting
Dayforce HCM offers top-notch analytics and reporting capabilities, providing organisations with actionable insights into their workforce data. With customizable dashboards and reports, HR leaders can track key metrics, identify trends, and make informed decisions to optimise their human capital strategies. This data visibility allows organisations to improve efficiency, identify areas for improvement, and align HR initiatives with business goals.
Let’s Talk About the Pros
Apart from the huge scope of features offered by Ceridian, there are additional benefits of using this software.
- Employee self-service: With its user-friendly interface and intuitive mobile app, Dayforce HCM provides an exceptional employee experience. Employees can access their personal information, pay stubs, time-off requests, and other HR-related information from anywhere, at any time. This employee self-service functionality reduces the administrative burden on HR teams and empowers employees to take ownership of their personal HR tasks.
- User-friendly interface: No matter what browser you’re using, the service will run smoothly and provide you with a satisfying user experience. The user interface is easy to use and very human-centered, created with the user in mind. In just a few clicks, you can access whatever option you’re looking for. The mobile app is an incredible addition that makes the features more accessible and easy to use on the go.
- Real-time data: One of the best and most convenient things about Ceridian is by far the real-time data capability. The software consistently updates employee data such as pay, time and all HR records, so that you’re up-to-date on all information at all times.
- Software integration: Ceridian Dayforce HCM offers a plethora of integration options to make the user experience seamless. Some popular choices are DocuSign, Culture Amp, Sterling Background Check, Cornerstone and iCIMS Talent Cloud – but there’s much more to explore. Connect to anything and reach your full HR data potential with the help of BaseLinked’s Integration Solutions. Bridging the gap between HR and IT can be tough, but BaseLinked is here to help with deep technical integration and HR architectural expertise.
Are There Any Cons?
Every software can be updated and improved, so there are a few drawbacks we should point out when it comes to Ceridian Dayforce HCM.
- Customer service: Although Ceridian provides customer support for Dayforce HCM, some users have reported difficulty obtaining timely and satisfactory assistance. Longer response times or difficulties in resolving issues promptly may hinder the overall user experience. Adequate support is crucial, particularly during the initial implementation phase or when encountering critical system issues.
- No public information about pricing: The cost of the Ceridian Dayforce app will depend on the features you want to use for your business. That customisation means there’s no public pricing information available. Instead, you need to contact Ceridian and request a quote. This can be a slight complication when preparing your budget. In the same vein, there’s no public information about trial versions either.
- Challenging implementation: Some users have noted that the initial setup and implementation of Ceridian Dayforce HCM can be complex and time-consuming. Additionally, Dayforce’s features may require some training for HR professionals to utilise its full potential effectively. However, selecting a reliable and experienced SI is necessary for ensuring the solution is configured to your business requirements.
So, Do You Need It?
Ceridian Dayforce HCM caters to a wide range of industries and company sizes. Its scalable architecture makes it suitable for small businesses, mid-sized enterprises, and large corporations alike. If we had to be very specific with the type of companies that benefit from this software the most, we’d say mid-size companies to enterprise corporations are the best fit.
If you have thousands of employees to manage, track and collect data about, then this all-in-one software is your lifeline. While the initial setup and training may require some effort, the long-term benefits make it a worthwhile investment for companies looking to elevate their human capital management.
If you need any help choosing the right HR technology solution for your company or you need assistance with data integration and HR implementation of Ceridian Dayforce, BaseLinked is your partner! Get in touch and we’ll help your organisation integrate HR technology that will optimise and modernise your HR operations.